ABR® Designation for Realtors
The ABR® designation, also known as the Accredited Buyer’s Representative designation is created especially for the select real estate Buyer’s Agents and realtors who concentrate on working directly with buyer clients at every stage their home buying process.
This designation is intended for some of the best realtors who with with home buyers.
In the US, in order to receive this ABR designation, real estate agents need to fulfill several requirements.
Complete ABR® educational courses.
Realtors in the US need to complete a 2 day designation course and one of the ABR elective courses. Discover the Course work and the Electives
Show proof of realtor work experience.
Agents need to present documentation of at lease 5 completed transactions in which they acted solely as a buyer’s representative.
Real Estate Agents need to be in good standing with REBAC and the National Association of Realtors® (NAR)
Testing for the ABR® designation.
The online course only requires the ABR® core designation exam to be passed with 80% or a better score, and the ABR® elective of choice with a score of 80% or better by the realtors.
ABR® Application process.
ABR® candidates must submit an application with proof of their 5 completed real estate buyer transactions.
To fulfill the ABR® designation, realtors must pay the REBAC dues, which are free the first year and cost $110 per year thereafter.
In order to complete the ABR educational courses, agents can select from one of the following Center for REALTOR Development Elective Courses:
- At Home With Diversity (AHWD) Certification Course
- Buyers by Generation: Success in Every Segment Certificate Course
- Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) Local Markets Course
- Corporate Relocation: The Next Move Certificate Course
- e-PRO Certification Course
- NAR’s Green Designation Course
- Graduate, REALTOR Institute (GRI) Designation*
- Home Finance Resource (HFR) Certification Course
- Marketing Strategy & Lead Generation Certificate Course
- Military Relocation Professional (MRP) Certification Course
- New-Home Construction and Buyer Representation Certificate Course
- Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA) Certification Course
- Planning and Zoning Resource: Advocating for Your Community’s Future Certificate Course
- Real Estate Investing: Build Wealth Representing Investors and Becoming One Yourself Certificate Course
- Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) Certification Course
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES ) Designation Course
- Short Sales & Foreclosure (SFR ) Certification Course